Tuesday, January 8, 2013

fotd #2 barely-there makeup

so for this makeup look i wanted to use some new products, some products i use everday, and some rediscovered beauties to create a pretty & simple barely there makeup look. i really like how this turned out so keep reading to see what i did.

i started by moisturizing my face with formula 10.0.6 seriously shine free mattifying oil free moisturizer and then applied a super thin wash of maybeline's fit me foundation with my fingers. i patted some benefit eye bright underneath my eyes to correct and cover any darkness.i set the whole look with elf's translucent mattifying powder using elf's powder brush. then using sigma's f40 large angled contour brush i lightly applied nyc's smooth skin bronzer in sunny in the hollows of my cheeks, my temples, along my jaw line, and down my neck. this helps slim your face which is especially helpful if your hair is pulled away form your face. then i filled in my brows before moving onto my eye makeup because this way your brows will frame your face and you won't feel the need for as much eye makeup. i used an ecotools angled liner brush to apply  the wax in elf's eyebrow kit to my brows.

to prime my eyes for the shadows, i applied a very thing layer of maybeline colorstay tattoo shadows in barely beige. this gives your powder shadows something to cling to and ensures that they will stay on all day. using an eco tools flat shader brush (it's actually a concelaer brush. shh), i applied the brown color in elf's eyeshadow quad in day to night all over the lid. since we want this look to be very natural, we don't want a bunch of shimmer going on because no one's eyes naturally do this, but this eyeshadow has only the faintest of sheen and it really just adds a glow which brightens your face gorgeously. then i reached for my naked basics palette to get mattes. i applied naked2 in the crease with an eco tools crease brush to help the elf shade blend out.then i took sigma's e40 tapered blending brush and ran it through the crease to blend thee two colors. to add a little definition to my crease, i applied faint in my outer corner ( this is the very outside 1/3 of your crease and then the very outer 1/3 of your lashline, creating a shape like this ">") with sigma's e40 pencil brush. then i again ran the blending brush through my crease to smooth out any lines. then, using the the angled liner brush used for my brows, i applied crave as a liner on the outer 2/3 of my upper lashlines and then lightly ran the blending brush over it to soften it a bit. and finally, using the eco tools crease brush, i applied foxy under my browbone and in my inner corner. i finished my eyes with one coat of loreal's power volume collagen mascara.

then for a pretty peach natural lip color, i applied maybeline's color whisper lipstick in pin up peach to my lips.


products i use daily:- maybeline's fit me foundation benefit's eye bright nyc smooth skin bronzer sigma brushes similar eco tools brush set

products i've rediscovered in my collection: elf translucent mattifying powder -this actually keeps me really shine fre elf day to night quad -forgot that this is the greatest $1 palette eve elf powder brush -why did i stop using this elf eyebrow kit -i've been neglecting my brow wax for powders but i love how this holds my brows in place unlike powders maybeline color tattoo eyeshadow loreal mascara -i swear this mascara will never dry out!

new product: formula 10.0.6 moisturizer -haven't had it long enough to review, but it seems good so far naked basics palette -loveee maybeline color whisper lipsticks - so pretty & love the formula

 
-emily
p.s. this look isnt as lengthy as it appears:)

No comments:

Post a Comment