Sunday, January 6, 2013

newy years eve fahotd

 
 
 
 
if you're confused by the acronym i made up, that would be new years eve face and hair of the day.

having worn less makeup lately, my skins been pretty clear so i slipped concealer and went straight to benefit eye bright to cover any darkness under my eyes. since i have alot of redness, i applied a thin layer of foundation with my fingers. i went for maybeline fit me because while its a shade to light, all my other foundations or tinted moisturizers are 2-3 shades to dark. i set it all with milani's the multitasker face powder. i applied nars orgasm illuminator on my cheeks as a highlight and a base for my blush. i used this awesome blush from forever21that has the little balls of product, and, of course, being from forever21, this product has no name.

for my eyes, i started by priming them with urban decay primer potion which is clearly loved. i used my favorite highlight, wet n wild's brulee from my lash line to brow bone and added depth to my crease with pixi's warm autumn. i lined my lash line with elf's cream liner in black, which i love, and winged it out at the end. then to make this previously all matte eye look more fun, i applied a metallic bronze shade from profusion's color me pretty palette over the eyeliner. to finish my eyes i used two coats of rimmel sexy curves mascara & filled in my brows with covergirls toasted almond.

for my lips, i moisturized them with an eos lip balm and them applied maybeline's fuchsia fever straight from the tube.

i curled my hair with my remington pearl curling wand before it did my makeup and pinned each curl. then i let the curls set while i applied my makeup. after, i took the curls down and braided two sections on either side of my head. i then crossed them over and pinned them to create a headband. you could tease your hair before this step if you'd like but i chose not too. then finish off with some hairspray and you're done! be sure and click the links below to find where you can purchase all the makeup i used for this look!
 
-emily

No comments:

Post a Comment