Saturday, January 26, 2013

one dress two ways

*long post alert*
 
 
 
 
i recently (as in the day before) bought this dress at target for eight dollars and seriously it's amazing. it's the most perfect fit for me because it as a high enough neckline that i'm not constantly pulling it up but it's long enough that i'm not constantly pulling it down. also i love that its quarter length sleeves because that way i can pretty much make it work in any season. but what i love most is the fact that its fitted but not tight and then it flares out at the waist. this makes the dress perfect for layering since it's not baggy at the top, but it conceals your legs, stomach, and thighs. and thus my love was born.
you see this dress and versatile is not the first word that comes to mind but it seriously matched almost all of my accessories. i totally recommend not being afraid to buy a wild dress because i see myself getting so much wear out of this. the fact that it has neutrals and colors makes it so easy to match. i put together two ways to wear it but at the end all talk about more ways to change it up. pictured above is me in the dress with a grey belt at my waist just to add more definition there. i have on revlons just bitten kissable lipstain in smitten.  this is the base i started with for both my looks.


 

 this first look i wore to church the other day and while some of you may not wear something this wild i don't mind at all. i did use my accessories to my advantage to tone the dress down some, though. i added my simple white purse as keep it neutral. they aren't pictured but i wore nude wedges to also keep it looking classy and simple. for jewelry i just went with the black and white cameo earrings because the dress is really a statement enough. i definitely would have preferred to wear my hair down for this look to compliment the simplicity of all the elements other than the dress. unfortunately i didn't have this thought process the day before when i was too lazy to wash my hair.
 
 
 
 
this second look i actually haven't worn out yet but i think its definitely a fun look for those days you just want to wear a dress but want to still look casual. i, or course, had to add my need jacket. at first i didn't like the bagginess of it but once i tied the jacket closed it looked super cute. i love army green because it's a neutral yet still unexpected and trendy. i think it goes perfect with bright colors and wild prints. then i threw on my bright orange flats because they're comfortable, casual, and sassy. unlike the first look, i quite like my hair in a bun here because we really played up the wildness of this dress here. i again just kept it simple with some earrings.
 
 
 lastly i just wanted to show how easy this dress is to wear because i guarantee you would have something to match it. in my hands i have purple, blue, gold, rose gold, black and white earrings an they'd all match. you could throw on a white purse, a black purse, a hot pink purse, a taupe purse, a plum purse or so on. it would've looked cute with my nude wedges, my plum pumps, my black booties, my colored flats, my glittered flats, or my metallic flats. also i had such a hard time trying to decide what bright lip color to wear! so honestly the possibilities are endless with a multi colored dress.
 
do you guys have that perfect dress? if so is i plain or is it wild & why do you love it? also,
i want to start either a twitter or an instagram (or both!) to be able to let you guys know when i have a new post up- do y'all have a preference? let me know in the comments below and be sure to leave any feedback you have. thanks for reading!
-emily
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment