Friday, January 25, 2013

ootd - shopping!

 
 
 
 

i went to shop around for an hour or so the other day and when i left, i was wearing the outfit in the first picture. i had on my striped old navy shirt i scored for $6 right after christmas, my beloved new-ish coach purse (more on that in an upcoming post), a necklace i painted red, a micheal kors watch, and my most worn shoes ever, my oxfords. i love this look and it was super basic and easy to throw on yet still cute. my hair was in a bun and you may think, wow that took forever. honestly i just have excessive amounts of hair and this is my "haven't washed my hair in a week" do. i threw on a bright red lipstick (i used the new loreal color riche glosses in the color endless red which you can find here)  to brighten my face with minimal other makeup. so we went to go hit up the thrift store since majority of my clothes are from there. *enter jacket* i found this baby and freaked out. i've been obsessing over utility jackets lately but even the cheapest of them are in the fifties. so when i found this awesome one for $20 i did a little happy dance in the store. i'm seriously in love with this and i'm so happy it has cropped sleeves so it can be a part of my year round wardrobe. i had been eyeing this utility vest from forever21 so definitely check that one out if you're interested.
if you're curious about my necklace, i had seen diys for a while now on painting your jewelry with nail polish but never had the desire to do so. then i decided that i wanted a red necklace so i found this necklace that i've had forever &  only ever worn once before ( in  post). i figured i wouldn't miss it to much if i messed it up so i whipped out some red polish and went to town. it was super easy and mine is definitely not perfect but you really can't tell.

 
 -emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment